The north side suburb of Fishers is home to the Conner Prairie Interactive History Park, based around the historic William Conner House. Through first-person, in-character narratives, costumed staff recreate life in 19th-century Indiana, engaging visitors in common activities of the 1800s.
The park was awarded the 2012 Award of Merit from the American Association for State and Local History and was named one of the top five museums in the nation when it received the 2010 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation's highest honor for museums and libraries that make extraordinary civic, educational, economic, environmental and social contributions.
As your family travels through the outdoor historic areas, that include everything from a living pioneer village to a Lenape Indian camp, you'll experience the thrills of time travel. One of the park's newest attractions, 1863 Civil War Journey: Raid on Indiana, puts you and your family in the middle of and Indiana brush with the Civil War. Through theatrical wizardry, including video, sound, staging and interpreters, you are drawn into the true story of General John Hunt Morgan's cavalry raid on Indiana. Or stop by the 1859 Balloon Voyage, a tethered balloon that simulates the nation?s first successful airmail flight by raising visitors 350 feet in the air and offering an excellent view of surrounding countryside.
Special events include everything from the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra playing outdoors to a visit by the Headless Horseman. For a complete event schedule, please see the Conner Prairie website.
Note: Conner Prairie will offer free admission for active-duty military personnel and their immediate family members from May 26 through Labor Day as part of its partnership with Blue Star Museums, a collaboration among the National Endowment of the Arts, Blue Star Families and the Department of Defense.
Hours and Costs
April hours: Thurs.-Sat., 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sun., 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
May-Oct. hours: Tues.-Sat., 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sun., 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Nov.-Mar. 26 hours: Indoor areas open Thurs.-Sun., 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Read a Blog
Explore Race in America at Indy’s Top Attractions
view more blogs
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Get Your Art & History Fix At Once
Friday, March 18, 2011
Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
All Things Apple . . .
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Watch a Video
12/08/2013 to 01/05/2014
Holidays on the Prairie
12/08/2013 to 01/05/2014
Dinner with Santa
12/13/2013 to 12/21/2013
Conner Prairie by Candlelight
12/13/2013 to 12/21/2013
12/14/2013 to 12/21/2013
Winter Fun Days
12/26/2013 to 01/05/2014
- Baymont Inn & SuitesA 140-room property located at exit 203 off I-69 North and 96th...more
- AmericInnNewly remodeled, three-story hotel with complimentary high-speed Internet access, continental breakfast, indoor...more
- Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - FishersAn all-suite, extended stay hotel featuring 146 suites with fully-equipped kitchens, data...more
- Holiday Inn Express FishersThe new brand from the InterContinental Hotels Groups, Hotel Indigo is the...more
- Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Northeast/FishersA 110-room property featuring many in-room amenities including room service, indoor pool,...more
- SpringHill Suites - FishersShowcasing 130 guestrooms offering Marriott's new bedding package, separate sleeping and living...more
- Courtyard by Marriott CastletonA 146-room courtyard hotel featuring large work desks, in-room coffee maker and...more
- Motel 6 NortheastMotel 6 Northeast is conveniently located off I-69 at 82nd Street. Located...more
- Cambria Suites NoblesvilleNew hotel within walking distance of Klipsch Music Center, shopping, dining and...more
- Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis NortheastThe beautiful new Drury Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast is adjacent to...more
- Hampton Inn Northeast CastletonThe Hampton Inn Indianapolis Northeast (Castleton) is located at the intersection of...more
- Hilton Indianapolis North HotelA 221-room full-service deluxe conference hotel located one mile north of I-465...more
- Cafe on the Common at Conner PrairieFind a wide variety of mouth-watering options at Cafe on the Common....more
- Claude & Annie'sLocally owned and operated. Sports bar theme with more than 24 HD...more
- Britton TavernUpscale sports bar featuring 33 HD TVs and 7 HD projectors with...more
- RAM Restaurant & BrewhouseFamily owned microbrewery that specializes in handcrafted ales and lagers and beer-infused...more
- Yogi Frozen Yogurt - AllisonvilleYogi was the first self-serve yogurt store in Indiana. Tell us your...more
- Wild Ginger on 116thFriendly and knowledgeable staff serving fresh sushi and Japanese dishes.more
- Stacked PickleA neighborhood restaurant-bar where "regulars" gather and are appreciated in our relaxed...more
- Asia BistroChinese restaurant featuring Cantonese, Szechuan and Hunan cuisine.more
- Nickel Plate Bar and GrillThe Nickel Plate has been a locally owned and operated establishment for...more
- I Love SushiServing some of the most authentic sushi in greater Indianapolis, starting with...more
- Handel's Homemade Ice Cream & Yogurt - FishersHandel's Homemade Ice Cream & Yogurt is made fresh every day on...more
- Gigi's CupcakesNothing makes a special day unforgettable like a custom cupcake creation from...more
- Conner Prairie Interactive History ParkThe north side suburb of Fishers is home to the Conner Prairie...more
- Conner Prairie StorePurchase salt-glaze, spongeware and redware pottery handcrafted at Conner Prairie and take...more
- Prairie View Golf ClubLocated on 206 acres in Hamilton County, this Robert Trent Jones, Jr.,...more
- Forum at Fishers Ice ArenaOpen skate times, skate rentals, figure skating, hockey programs, SlapShot pro shop,...more
- Fishers YMCAPool, fitness center.more
- Midwest Balloon RidesAre you ready to experience Indy from a whole new view Fly...more
- Herbal Art, LLCSpecializing in retail, wholesale, private label, and custom formulation for your company....more
- Plum Creek Golf ClubThis leg of the Pete Dye Golf Trail takes golfers to Plum...more
- Harmony WineryLocated on the east side of Indy, Harmony Winery is unique. By...more
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park - PlainfieldAs the first of its kind, Sky Zone is an indoor walled...more
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park - FishersAs the first of its kind, Sky Zone is an indoor walled...more
- Heritage ParkFishers Heritage Park offers 33 acres of recreational greenspace in a natural,...more