The popular Grounds Tour provides a great opportunity to entertain family, friends or clients with a 90-minute tour rich in Indianapolis Motor Speedway history and landmarks. Knowledgeable members of the Hall of Fame Museum staff provide a guided, historical journey through the decades at the "Racing Capital of the World" along with visits to notable IMS landmarks normally open only to officials, drivers and teams during events.
Guests visit the timing-and-scoring suite in the Pagoda, the Media Center, Victory Podium, Gasoline Alley garage area and the world-famous "Yard of Bricks" at the start/finish line.
Guests also tour the Hall of Fame Museum and enjoy a ride around the famed 2.5-mile IMS oval in one of the Museum's comfortable tour buses.
Tours are scheduled to depart from the Hall of Fame Museum four times per day at 9:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 1:15 p.m. and 3 p.m. On the days following the Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400 races, tours are available for extended hours.
Tickets: $25*, adults; $10, youth ages 6-15; free, children 5 and younger. Tickets also include admission to the Hall of Fame Museum.
*On the days following the Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400 races, adult tickets are $20.
Days & Times
- Microtel Inn & Suites AirportThe Indianapolis Airport Microtel Inn and Suites hotel in Indiana is a...more
- Sleep Inn West AirportConveniently located near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (home of the Indianapolis 500,...more
- Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis /Airport / WestProperty features rooms "built for business" with free high-speed Internet access, two-line...more
- Park Place at City CentreLocated just minutes from the heart of downtown Indianapolis, Park Place at...more
- Candlewood Suites Indianapolis City CentreThe newest addition to City Centre Hotels, located minutes from the heart...more
- Clarion Hotel & Conference CenterNewly renovated hotel with 17,500 square feet of meeting/banquet space. Amenities include...more
- Center Point Apartment HomesCenter Point is located ten miles from downtown Indianapolis, less than twelve...more
- Baymont Inn & Suites - Indy WestBaymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis West offers a prime location to get...more
- The Residence at White RiverThe Residence at White River is just blocks from the Indianapolis Museum...more
- Candlewood Suites Indianapolis AirportBeautiful all-suite hotel featuring all the convenience of home for the business...more
- Econolodge - AirportA 140-room budget motel offering free local calls, complimentary coffee in the...more
- Hyatt Place Indianapolis AirportHyatt Place is a new kind of hotel that puts style, innovation...more
- Dawson's on MainMake yourself at home and enjoy incredible eats in ease from an...more
- Lino's Coffee at Dallara IndyCar FactoryLino's Coffee opens its first US location inside the Dallara IndyCar Factory....more
- Charlie Brown's Pancake & SteakNeighborhood breakfast place. Also serving lunch.more
- Mug 'N BunHuge tenderloins, hand-dipped onion rings, secret coney sauce, homemade root beer and...more
- China WokChinese dishes like General Tso's chicken, crab rangoon and house fried rice...more
- Cretia CakesCretia Cakes brings the culinary and professional experience necessary to make all...more
- Kelley's Pub TooSports bar with pool tables, darts, dance floor.more
- Number One Chinese RestaurantChinese and Mongolian buffet.more
- King RibsAward-winning hot or mild BBQ sauce available on ribs, tips, chicken, pork,...more
- Canton Express RestaurantDelivery and pick up only location. Food is very reasonably priced.more
- TremorsTop 40 dance club, located inside the 8 Seconds Saloon.more
- 8 Seconds SaloonCountry bar with live music and DJ.more
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame MuseumOriginally conceived as a test track for local automakers, the Indianapolis Motor...more
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Trackside Gift ShopThe IMS Official Trackside Gift Shop is open year-round in the Speedway's...more
- Indianapolis Motor SpeedwayInternationally famous, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is home to both the world's...more
- Indy Racing ExperienceThe Indy Racing Experience offers the thrill of a lifetime by putting...more
- Dallara IndyCar FactoryHome of Dallara U.S., IndyCar Experience and Lino's Coffee the Dallara IndyCar...more
- Brickyard CrossingOpen: Mon., 11 a.m.; Tues.-Fri., 7:30 a.m.; Sat.-Sun., 7 a.m. Located on...more
- Eagle Creek TrailMuch of the planned 16 miles of this trail is under construction....more
- Speedway Public LibraryThe Speedway Public Library is located in the town of Speedway, home...more
- Indiana Medical History MuseumThe nation's oldest surviving pathology laboratory, the building originally provided physicians in...more
- Coffin Golf CourseA challenging layout with dramatic elevation changes make this tree lined course...more
- Golc Soccer FieldsTwo full-length fields, which can be transformed into four small fields for...more
- Wilbur Shaw Soap Box Derby HillThe Wilbur Shaw Soap Box Derby Hill is the longest track in...more